Technical Uses for Plastic Balls
Specific tolerances, resistance to pressures and over 30 years providing repeat business to hundreds of manufacturers, makes us pretty good at the technical stuff.
We pride ourselves in having over 30 years’ experience advising our clients and ensuring you have the best materials for the job.
- Our tolerances start from +/-0.002”(+/-0.05mm)
- Over 20 materials in stock
- Materials specifically designed for resistance against heat, chemicals and pressure.
- Sizes ranging from 1mm to 8” diameter
- Plastic balls are light with a specific gravity ranging from 0.40g/cc to 2.14 g/cc
- Low modulus in elasticity can assist in reducing noise levels and reducing the need for finer tolerances associated with metal balls.
- Rust proof with a good resistance to chemicals and erosion.
- Good electrical insulation properties
Our production method
Once the balls have been formed, usually through injection moulding, they are fine ground, lapped and sometimes tumble polished to a finished diameter – final tolerances are dependent on size and material type.
|Acetal||White & can be dyed|
|Clear Acrylic||Clear & can be dyed|
|Polyamide Nylon 66 Zytel®||Black & can be dyed|
|Poly (amide-imide) Torlon®||White & can be dyed|
|Polyethylene (LD/ HD)||Various/ Hollow|
|Nitrile rubber Buna N||Black|
|Clear hollow pull-apart||Clear/ Hollow|
|Thermoset resins/ Phenolic||All colours/ Clear|
“I was amazed at the service received from the Precision Plastic Ball Company. They had exactly what I needed, solved my problem and I’ll be definitely coming back again in the future!”
‘I would like to say it’s very refreshing to be dealing with someone who provides straightforward replies to questions and promptly, many suppliers could learn from yourselves!’
‘Thank you for your time and excellent customer service.’