Looking for a ball that is resistant to stress? Want it to within +/-0.002” (+/-0.05mm) of your basic tolerances? Need to know that it is not vulnerable to the temperatures in your application?
Want it cost effective and on your doorstep tomorrow?
We have catered for projects such as yours since 1981. We have seen it all and we provide for hundreds of applications.
We stock over 20 million balls. Why? So that you can get your spheres when you need them, even if you need them tomorrow.
Industrial qualities of plastic spheres
– Plastic balls are light with specific gravities ranging from 0.40g/cc to 2.14 g/cc
– Low modulus in elasticity can assist in reducing noise levels and reducing the need for finer tolerances associated with metal balls.
– Rust proof with a good resistance to chemicals and erosion.
– Good electrical insulation properties
– Some products are UV resistant
– Food grade and FDA approved
– Sizes ranging from 1mm – 8” in solid materials.
Resistance to Chemicals
Plastics are available with resistance to acids, alkalis, oils, and fuels.
Resistance to Heat
We stock plastics with key qualities that resist heat and provide outstanding resistance to wear whilst consistently being exposed to high temperatures.
Resistance to pressure
Materials are available offering extreme strength under intense pressure.
Our plastic balls are usually injection moulded followed by grinding and lapping, then tumbled and polished to extremely precise measurement.
Precision ground and fully moulded balls are available from stock in both plastics and rubber materials including Nitrile, EPDM and Fluoroelastomer.
We produce our precision balls in over 20 materials. We have full detailed information on our individual materials and their properties on our technical page, which can be found here.
A few of the Industries and Applications we supply for.
|Flow check valves||Unlubricated bearings|
|Yachting Equipment||Dairy and poultry equipment|
|Liquid tank covers||Liquid level control|
|Medical||A1 approved for automotive|
|Ball racers||Ball bearings|